[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client documentation

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client documentation
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:08:58 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:52:48PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> a month ago, I made a plea for documentation. few answered. I figured
> that you all simply needed a push, so here it is:
>
> http://www.freeciv.org/~kauf/client.html
>
> is a first draft of the new client manual. I've taken the liberty of
> putting in the new screenshots. The mission if you choose to accept it,
> is to go through it, and where you see something that looks like:
>
> <paragraph here: some subject>
>
> you should write something and send it me and Cc the list. (so there's
> no duplication of effort) The more people that respond, the faster it
> gets done. I've placed the paragraphs in bite-sized morsels, so each
> mini-project is not too big, so don't be afraid of jumping in
> (except for the CMA section, perhaps Christian or someone could lift
> the major portions from README.CMA?)
>
> Each paragraph should be in plain text, don't bother with html. Just
> tell me which file, and what <paragraph: ...> you're contributing.
>
> also:
>
> client-4.html: a lot of the text in the old manual is still applicable.
>                Someone needs to review to see if it checks out.
>
> client-5.html, client-6.html: I did nothing with these. Please review
>                them. Someone who knows more about GTK, may want to
>                improvise a GTK rc section.
>
> If I can ever get a hold of Brandon Rhodes, he'll take over the
> compilation effort. Until then, send stuff my way.
>
> Again: a lot of the people on this list are not coders. This is your
> chance to make a good contribution to freeciv.

The Happiness dialog has changes recently. The screenshot may be old.

2.2.1: there are new client options

    2.1.13 Top Five Cities

   Traveler's Report This shows the five greatest cities in the
   world. It's ranked by wonders, then by city size

This is incorrect. The "score" of a city is wonders*5+city_size.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a