[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Caravans don't work anymore (PR#1551)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Caravans don't work anymore (PR#1551)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:39:25 +0200

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:02:24PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Here is the patch. Changes:
>  - the dialog destroys itself (destroy_message_dialog can be removed)
>  - added a new close_callback which is called every time the dialog is
>  closed either by button click or by X button. This callback does the
>  cleanup which is common for all exists.
>  - these changes make the callback for the default button obsolete
>  - if close_callback is NULL the dialog can't be closed by the X
>  button (currently used by the government dialog)
>  - converting 3 variable sized dialogs (government, pillage, unit
>  connect) to the popup_message_dialog
>  - cleanup of input_dialog_create and co (why are the callbacks of
>  type void *?)
>  - various other changes: I remember the get_special_name one and
>  removing some conditions which are useless and the size_t change.
>
> And because common code is removed the patch shrinks the code by 179
> lines.

Problems:

1. In a running game, I managed to put the government dialog in the
background, and continued playing. In the round after, there was a
total of three government dialogs presented. I was able to do the
choice three times, but only the first one was respected. It was
possible to continue the game.

2. While trying to reproduce (1.) (I have a savegame from just
   before the government dialog is displayed), the dialog popped
   up, and it was _not_ possible to ignore it. I have had to make
   my choice.

3. With (1.) as well as with (2.) I got the following civclient error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3310 (gtk_widget_set_sensitive):
assertion idget != NULL' failed.

For (1.) I got it three times, for (2.) one time.

I'll put the savegame here:

http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/bugs/demo1.sav.gz

Christian

--