[Freeciv-Dev] Re: nation.ruleset terrain bug (PR#1554)

Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: nation.ruleset terrain bug (PR#1554)
From: Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:55:42 -0400

Per I Mathisen wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Miguel Farah wrote:

Ignorant question for today: is '-' equivalent to '!'?

On further reflection, this ambiguity is unbecoming. Having two different
symbols to do the same thing is dumb and confusing. Mind if I take it (ie
"-") out?

As Raimar pointed out, currently -, !, or ~ will work.

I initially just used !, but Erik complained that this was too programming-specific and that most rules writers would have an easier time with - or even ~. So I just used all three. (Unfortunately, I can't find the discussion of the on freeciv-dev archives...)

Personally, I don't care very much which is used, or if all three are allowed.

jason