[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Todo-list in www.freeciv.org totally out of date!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Todo-list in www.freeciv.org totally out of date!
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:31:48 -0400

Thanasis Kinias (tkinias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> scripsit Benjamin Smith:
> > Aren't there disasters in civ1 where things like libraries would get
> > destroyed by floods and earthquakes?
> Correct.  IIRC a temple would protect your city from volcanoes.

Here is the complete list from the Civilization (Civ1) manual.  I've
paraphrased it due to the length of the text.

Earthquake: may strike any city adjacent to Hills.  Nothing can prevent
it.  Destroys one city improvement.

Famine: strikes randomly, can be prevented by Granary.  All food in the
storage box is lost and population is reduced.

Fire: can hit any city without an Aqueduct.  Destroys one city improvment.

Flood: city must be on or next to a River.  Prevented by City Walls.
Reduces population.

Piracy: any city next to Ocean.  Prevented by Barracks.  Removes all food
from storage and all production on current project.

Plague: any city without Aqueduct; also can be prevented by learning
Medicine.  Reduces population.

Volcano: any city on or adjacent to Mountains.  Prevented by Temple.
Reduces population.

Note that Earthquake actually does say "adjacent to Hills", and not
"adjacent to or on Hills".  I don't know if the game actually follows
the manual in that respect.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |