[Freeciv-Dev] Re: "End Turn when done moving" broken (PR#1520)

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: "End Turn when done moving" broken (PR#1520)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:13:11 +0100

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:28:00AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:39:50PM -0700, Ben Webb wrote:
> >     The client no longer (as of current CVS) ends the turn
> > automatically when all units have finished moving. This is because a
> > recent commit that prevented the turn from ending if agents were busy
> > prevents this from occurring (as the agents are "frozen" during the
> > processing of the unit move packet, and "frozen" counts as "busy"). The
> > attached patch fixes this behaviour on my system.
>
> Can you tell me where is the original call to send_turn_done which the
> recent change disabled. I couldn't find it on a quick scan.

handle_unit_info (packhand.c) calls
update_unit_focus (control.c) which calls
advance_unit_focus which calls
key_end_turn which calls
send_turn_done (civclient.c)

        The recent change added the "if (agents_busy())" check to
send_turn_done; since all of this code is triggered by a UNIT_INFO
packet from the server, the agents are frozen by the preceding
PROCESSING_STARTED packet.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Remember that disagreeable outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in England last