[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Zaurus port

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rob Fisher <rfisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Zaurus port
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:29:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Rob Fisher wrote:
> I've joined this mailing list because I have started porting Freeciv to the
> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 PDA.

Nice!

> 1) Is anyone else working on the same project?

Not that I am aware.

> 2) Is the structure of the client likely to change in a big way very soon?  I
> am currently working with version 1.12.0

I don't think so. I would recommend you to work on a more recent cvs
snapshot, though, as 1.12.0 is starting to get old.

> 3) Are there any non-isometric tile sets?  The map drawing code in the
> existing clients seems to cater for isometric and non-isometric.  A top down
> view with small tiles may be more suitable for playing on a small PDA screen.

Both trident and tinytrident are non-isometric. Trident is included in cvs
builds and official releases, but tiny might be better for a pocket PC.

Yours,
Per

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a
dark room. Especially if there is no cat
there." - Confucius