[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Move sound on the ocean (PR#1496)

To: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Move sound on the ocean (PR#1496)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:02:50 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:55:16AM -0700, Per I Mathisen wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > > When troops are moved with a ship, I hear both the sound
> > > of the ship and of each unit on the ship.
> > >
> > > Not sure it happens always right now.
> >
> > To be more precise, I actually heard this sound with a transport
> > and 1 engineer + 1 musketeer on it. On another transport (with
> > engineers and musketeers on it) I hear only the sweet sound of
> > flowing water. Strange.
>
> I solved this problem earlier by making sure sentried units do not create
> sound effects when moving. Were any of those units not sentried?

We should change

  if (!was_teleported && punit->activity != ACTIVITY_SENTRY) {
    audio_play_sound(unit_type(punit)->sound_move,
                     unit_type(punit)->sound_move_alt);
  }

  if (!was_teleported && punit->activity != ACTIVITY_SENTRY) && !pinfo->carried
{
    audio_play_sound(unit_type(punit)->sound_move,
                     unit_type(punit)->sound_move_alt);
  }

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Living on earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip