[Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for --disable-sound

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for --disable-sound
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:08:07 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 06:19:52PM +0200, Karl-Ingo Friese wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> currently I am having a few problems compiling freeciv on
> one of our machines where configure thinks there is sound
> support but gmake obviousely thinks there is not:
>
> audio_sdl.c:22:23: SDL_mixer.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

This happens in client/agents/.  The reason: the sound libraries
are excluded in client/Makefile.am by voiding some Makefile variables,
however, the non-void value is being passed through to client/agents
via the mysterious $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) variable.

Looks like a bug in configure.in/ac.

> Independ from this detail I think it would be useful to have
> a "configure --disable-sound" option (like --disable-nls which
> I am using since years ;).

I sent you such a patch, but it doesn't fix the bug above.

Also, some standardization with be nice.  E.g. have --with for
every package.  I will try to work on it on Sunday.

--
Reinier