[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Column@Apolyton: #204 Talking with Sid and Soren

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Column@Apolyton: #204 Talking with Sid and Soren
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:55:46 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Ben Webb wrote:
> > Well, if nobody cares to update it, there is no chance it will go into
> > cvs, either.
>
> This is true, but it seems we have the choice between
> 1. Update the patch. Result: lots of time spent keeping it up to date.
>    Patch doesn't get into CVS.
> 2. Do not update. Result: time to do other things.
>    Patch doesn't get into CVS.
>
>       The main problem with updating it is that it moves some map
> functions from server/ to common/ (IIRC). Thus, any time anybody touches
> those functions, loads of hunks fail in the patch. If these functions could
> just be moved in CVS (no changes are actually made to them), our job would
> be made so much easier. If you're amenable to this, I'll split the patch.

Yes, but after the release. Also, I am willing to work on getting it all
into cvs, but that requires fixing up some things in the patch that isn't
all good. (And I'm not doing the fixing.)

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21