[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Testers wanted for units flags patch

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Testers wanted for units flags patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:48:20 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Ok, a few questions about undisbandable, unbribeable <-Misspelled in the
> patch.
> I can't seem to figure out what happens when you lose the city that the
> undisbandable unit was home to. It seems to me that the smart player will have
> that city crank out settlers. That way he sidesteps any penalty.

No, all supported units are destroyed when a city is destroyed, unless
they are in another city, in which case this city takes over support.

See server/unittools.c:remove_city()

You need to use F_NOHOME to make upkeep free units.

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21