[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tech research (PR#1462)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tech research (PR#1462)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 08:54:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Obviously the computation of points required for a new tech
> has substantially changed. I can't see how it is done now.

The cost of technology is ((1 + num_parents) * researchcost), where
num_parents is number of requirements for tech, counted recursively.

> There is no documentation for the change in the help.

I'll fix that.

> The research rate (in percent) in the F11 report now
> jumps very often.

As in ... when? It would vary from tech target to tech target
considerably, yes.

If you do not find this new tech cost system to your liking, please say
so. It is not too late to change it back again. It is a ruleset option.

Yours,
per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21