(no subject)

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: (no subject)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:43:06 -0500

Bcc:
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Find Something To Kill cleanup (PR#1377)
raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx on Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:55:16AM -0700

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:55:16AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> Well, savegames were still the same when I originally tested the patch. I
> don't
> know if you'd get identical savegames with current CVS, AFAIK no one's fixed
> the savegames being different bug.

whoever mentioned this was on crack at the time. With CVS, if you run
autogames from beginning to end (without restarting a game in the
middle) you get identical savegames (assuming your patch doesn't change
behavior, why would it be otherwise).

don't bow to the FUD :) Test your non-behavior-changing patches before
sending them in.

-mike