[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (no subject)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (no subject)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bcc:
> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Find Something To Kill cleanup (PR#1377)
> raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx on Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:55:16AM -0700
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:55:16AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> >
> > Well, savegames were still the same when I originally tested the patch. I
> don't know if you'd get identical savegames with current CVS, AFAIK no one's
> fixed the savegames being different bug.
>
> whoever mentioned this was on crack at the time. With CVS, if you run
> autogames from beginning to end (without restarting a game in the
> middle) you get identical savegames (assuming your patch doesn't change
> behavior, why would it be otherwise).
>
> don't bow to the FUD :) Test your non-behavior-changing patches before
> sending them in.

OK. Give me 12 hrs. And it was tested with an older CVS version and produced no
different savegames. I'll get back to you on current CVS.

Aloha,
RK.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful
tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor
less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean
so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master--
that's all."
-- Lewis Carrol, "Through the Looking Glass"