[Freeciv-Dev] Re: team play (PR#1350)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: team play (PR#1350)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:42:39 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Olli Burghard wrote:
> I am a c developer myself. I would like to look at this work and maybe, if I
> have the time,  work on it. Can I get the work already done on this from
> somewhere ?

The latest cvs sources can be downloaded as a snapshot from
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/latest/freeciv-cvs-Mar-27.tar.bz2

My teams patch can be downloaded from
http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~permath/freeciv/teamslite2.patch

I think we should call what was called "team melee" in Starcraft for
"shared control" or something, to avoid confusion with "teams" as used in
the above patch by me.

In the cvs snapshot, try reading freeciv_hackers_guide.txt, the section
called "Connections". The association of a connection with a player is
done in server/srv_main.c:accept_new_player and related functions.

How much work remains to make it fly, I simply don't know. I hope you
manage to implement it, though, as it sounds like a very good idea.

Yours,
Per

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men,
for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of
us all." -- John Maynard Keynes