[Freeciv-Dev] Fwd: Re: team play (PR#1350)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Fwd: Re: team play (PR#1350)
From: Olli Burghard <Smarty21@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:10:19 -0800 (PST)

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:26:55 +0100 (MET)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <smarty21@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] team play (PR#1350)

> > I would like to see a team mode where you and your allies command the
> same
> > units. It should be a stronger teamwork, than allied. You make a pakt
> with your
> > friend in this way and can now use his units too to fight the enemy. i
> do not
>
> The code necessary to implement this was written and included by dwp some
> time ago, but never quite finished. I doubt much work remains to finish
> it, but AFAIK nobody is actually working on it. So don't expect to see it
> any time soon.

I am a c developer myself. I would like to look at this work and maybe, if I
have the time,  work on it. Can I get the work already done on this from
somewhere ?
( I have got a very bad internet connection, with only port 80 open, so I
cannot use cvs )

but BTW I have not read Sun Tsu's book the art of war, so maybe you do not
want me to work on freeciv ;)

> > Second it should be possible to make allies from the start of the game.
>
> I have already already written code that implements this exactly as you
> describe it. Whether it will be included in the next release still remains
> to be seen.
Sounds very good :-))

Cu Oliver

http://www.gmx.net