[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] gettext

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] gettext
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:34:58 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Per says that we should include extra tests (Per: extra compared to
> what?) in acinclude.m4. So I have all appended all my m4 files which
> came with my gettext

That cannot be right.

You only need to put the macros that are only found in "aclocal.m4" also
into "acinclude.m4". If you wish to be thorough, you do

        # cp aclocal.m4 acinclude.m4
        # cvs commit

End of problem.

Now, if you wish to do the Right Thing, dig up my "./autogen.sh" patch and
get this mess cleaned up once and for all. It cleanly and nicely splits up
acinclude.m4 into separate files in an m4/ directory (similar to how the
macros are stored in your /usr/share/aclocal directory), then
autogenerates everything properly from there. I can supply an updated
patch if you like.

Yours,
Per

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men,
for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of
us all." -- John Maynard Keynes