[Freeciv-Dev] Re: city report patch ver 3

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: city report patch ver 3
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:20:00 +0100

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 08:55:12AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:10:05PM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > attached is the third (and last?) go around for this patch
> >
> > what it does now:
> > - give change/select buildings/units/wonders their own submenus
> > - remove refresh button
> > - move change all button to change menu
> > - add select options for currently building buildings/units/wonders
> >
> > see what you think.

I think: Great!

> You now need to select at least one city to use change all.

Just deselect all menu items except "Change all" instead of
the deselect the "Change" button?

> > +#define IMPRS   1
> > +#define WONDERS 2
> > +#define UNITS   3
>
> Please use an enum.

One thing comes to my mind, what might confuse any newbies:

You can't see from the "center", "popup", and "buy" buttons,
that they perform their action at once rather then offering a menu.
This is painful in case of the buy button, and annoying in case of the
popup button (so many new windows ...). - What is the correct/best way
to make it clearer? An exclamation mark? i.e. "Buy!", "Popup!" ?

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/