[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Testing

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Testing
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:20:40 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > > I downloaded Freeciv testing and attempted to compile it with the no nls
> > > option. I've successfully compiled March 5 CVS, but the testing version
> > fails.
> > > I'd like to know how to disable the sound patch, so I can test the other
> > > features at least.
> > >
> > > The make failed with the following error messages
> > >
> > > ake[3]: *** No rule to make target `audio_sdl.c', needed by `audio_sdl.o'.
> It did to me too. Are you going to fix it, or wait for Per? I'd also like to
> know if there is any easy way to disable the sound patch.

Questions about freeciv-test should preferably be sent to the freeciv-test
list. Anyway, no, there is no way to disable sound anymore. (Apparently
Raimar didn't want that feature, since he took it out in patch 8.)

Nor is audio_sdl.c missing from freeciv-test cvs.

Could you please give me more info, for example the relevant parts of
./configure output. Then I'll try to hunt down and kill this bug.

The easiest way to disable the sound patch is to grab the latest sound
patch and reverse patch it.

Yours,
Per

"Sorry, server busy. We are currently experiencing extreme traffic due to
slashdot.org, which already consumed 40 gigabytes of bandwidth in just 12
hours. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please check back later."
  -- www.wowwebdesigns.com