[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch]Defence Power

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch]Defence Power
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:22:19 -0800 (PST)

It looks good. It should go into CVS immediately. I have a few questions

How is this used?

d = m;

If use_alternative_hp is TRUE the given alternative_hp value is used.

Is this to deal with injured units, and we use max hps to see how tough the
unit would be if it recovered? It seemed obvious to me that the AI should use
the unit's current hps. Obviously you see a need in the future for
alternative_hps.

I see a few lines like this

power = (power * db) / 10;

I was wondering if the 10 is a new number or good old POWER_FACTOR, it shows up
fairly often.

And, why does the patch seem so small? In spite of the size increase, it seems
simpler. It is, finally, pretty code.