[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ngettext test (CVS Snapshots)

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ngettext test (CVS Snapshots)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:02:17 -0800 (PST)

--- Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 05:36:41AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>
> > > We don't check for a ngettext binary. We check for a ngettext
> > > function.
>
> Sorry.  In that case the error message is utterly confusing;
> it only says 'ngettext not found'.

Ack. Raimar actually wrote that. The way you've cut and paste it, it looks
like I'm responsible for it.

> > There seems to be a simple solution. Install gnu ngettext on all your
> boxes.
>
> You have this backwards: we are discussing the check whether GNU ngettext
> is installed on the box!

I know. You're right on the fact that the error message is dumb. I'm just
saying, as a workaround install that gnu version of gettext(How are you
compiling Freeciv with BSD make?). That will get those snapshots etc working.

In fact, I demand to know how Freeciv compiles on your other boxes. I always
assumed you needed the Gnu toolchain to compile Freeciv(well, gmake and gettext
at least).