Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Cleanup of defense power calculations

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Cleanup of defense power calculations
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:25:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> Ben says this is an actual bug. Apparently only Civ 1 rules allow city
> walls to defend against helis.

        Well, I'm saying there's a contradiction there. It looks from the
code like Civ2 rules allow this too. (I've never played Civ2, so couldn't
say what the original does.) However, the "effect" field of City Walls in
the Civ2 ruleset only has a "Unit_Defend" effect for land units. If Civ2
really does confer defence against helicopters, then a
        "Unit_Defend", "City", 300, "", "Helicopter"
effect should be added to City Walls for Civ2 and default rulesets,
otherwise impr-gen will do the wrong thing. Fairly trivial for a
maintainer to fix.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/