Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound Fxs

To: Michael Mc Donnell <mmac_donnell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound Fxs
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:44:12 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:05:28PM +0100, Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
> I've recently started on an internship at a sound studio, and was wondering
> if you still needed sound FXs for the game?

Yes.

> Are there currently anybody else working on them, or can I just start making
> them?

People work on the code but not on sounds AFAIK. Please take a look at
our currently very small sound archive
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/schedueled_for_removal/stdsounds.tar.gz>.

We need sounds for the unit movement (one sound for each unit type),
unit fighting (one sound for each unit type) and the following events:

 Low Funds
 Pollution
 Global Eco-Disaster
 Civil Disorder
 City Celebrating
 City Normal
 City Growth
 City Needs Aqueduct
 Famine in City
 City Captured/Destroyed
 Building Unavailable Item
 Wonder Started
 Wonder Finished
 Improvement Built
 New Improvement Selected
 Forced Improvement Sale
 Production Upgraded
 Unit Built
 Unit Defender Destroyed
 Unit Defender Survived
 Collapse to Anarchy
 Diplomat Actions - Enemy
 Tech from Great Library
 Player Destroyed
 Improvement Bought
 Improvement Sold
 Unit Bought
 Wonder Stopped
 City Needs Aq Being Built
 Diplomat Actions - Own
 Unit Attack Failed
 Unit Attack Succeeded
 Suggest Growth Throttling
 Spaceship Events
 Barbarian Uprising
 Worklist Events
 Pact Cancelled
 Diplomatic Incident
 First Contact
 City May Soon Grow
 Wonder Made Obsolete
 Famine Feared in City
 Wonder Will Be Finished Next Turn
 Learned New Government
 City Nuked
 Messages from the Server Operator
 City Released from CMA
 City Was Build
 Revolt Started
 Revold Ended
 Nuke Denotated
 Gold Found In Hut
 Tech Found In Hut
 Mercenaries Found In Hut
 Unit Spared By Barbarians
 Barbarians In A Hut Roused
 Unit Killed By Hut-Barbarians
 City Founded Via a Hut
 Settler Found In Hut
 Game Started
 Year Advance
 Report
 Broadcast Report
 Nation Selected
 Diplomat Arrived
 Sabotage Target

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"