Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs

To: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Add BOOL_VAL around ANDs
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:11:51 +0100

Dear diary, on Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:54:38AM CET, I got a letter, where
Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:35:41AM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > > As of late i've been making debugging, speed improvements and minor
> > > cleanups. This goes hand in hand with perceived user desires for better
> > > performance and more stability. The cleanups done recently by the
> > > maintainers involve no changes in outputed code. So they add (hopefully)
> > > no new bugs. Raimar's patches in particular have enabled the squashing of
> > > some insidious bugs in the code.
> >
> > The cleanups really don't matter for the users, but they matter a lot for
> > the developers.
>
> > They are bringing precedents and new rules to coding style of freeciv, and
> > in fact developers are forced to live with them to the end of their days.
>
> Since I can't expect that people to install splint it is reasonable to add
> only a very soft constrains (should use bool if you know that the variable is
> either TRUE or FALSE, ...) to the coding style. From time to time somebody
> makes some splint runs to catch any open mistakes.

Sure. But there can be maybe better way to do that (like in specials ;), and
some of the constrains aren't so soft (like that famous pointers :))), as it is
pretty subjective.

Well, now those patches are again posted for review, so it's good again. No
reason to complain anymore ;).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* UN*X programmer && admin         * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* elinks maintainer                * FreeCiv AI hacker
* IRCnet operator
.
I love deadlines.
I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
-- Douglas Adams.
.