[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isotrident 2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isotrident 2
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:42:26 +0000

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 07:49:18PM +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
> > Of course, it is not harder to solve this than saying freeciv requires
> > libpng, go install, but here our absolutely minimal requirements
> > philosophy is still holding development back.
>
> Only if it's too cumbersome to support both; then you can pick png iff
> libpng is found.

One possible solution would be to have configure check for libpng and
convert (imagemagick). If *both* are found, then it converts all the
xpms to pngs and builds the PNG version of the clients.  This would be
nice for debian systems, where most users don't compile from source,
but install the binaries (which would be rather smaller with pngs)

Jules