[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Lexxy Version

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Lexxy Version
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:35:28 +0000 (WET)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Daniel L Speyer wrote:

> The next version of lexxy is now available by ftp.
>
> Most of the changes are in the terrain, of which I have increassed the
> distinctiveness.  I've also changed various city, improvement and unit
> tiles.
>
> A screenshot is available at http://wam.umd.edu/~dspeyer/lexxy.jpg
> I've used (roughly) the same game as I did for isotrident, so you can
> compare them easily.

Doesn't look bad, but its a bit too HiRes like to me :-)
Especially the cities. I'm yet to see a tileset with good looking cities.
The nicest were IMHO in Daniel Bennet's tiles. His horses were nice too.

The thing i dislike more about HiRes is how the units are huge. It makes
everything look way out of proportion.

BTW: i propose you use some units from the engels tiles. His boats are
IMHO the nicest i've ever seen on a tileset. There are a couple other
units you may like too.

---