[Freeciv-Dev] Government advantages

Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Government advantages
From: Michael Lucas-Smith <s3225202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:54:06 +1100

I've been re-reading the manual and I think perhaps the different governments don't play enough of a role. Specifically communism. My thoughts have been travelling along the lines of this:

A government can effect the following things:
(a) the order in which you can learn certain techs
(b) the ability to build certain wonders

for instance, as a democracy, you're more likely to be able to learn automobile
under communism, you should be able to learn spies faster.
maybe under communism you can get a replacement for marco polo, the KGB spying factory, which lets you act as a spy in any city of your choosing every 5 turns?

Things like that..
just a thought.
Michael