[Freeciv-Dev] Re: network code bug (PR#1225)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: network code bug (PR#1225)
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:17:08 +0000 (WET)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 07:56:12AM -0800, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > CVS 10 Jan 2002 Gtk+ i386 Linux + CMA 3.1 patch
> >
> > During an experiment with a corrupt network connection, I got the
> > following:
>
> What do you mean with corrupt network connection? TCP and IP make
> checksums.

Yes... How come you had a corrupt network connection?

> There is no unit_list_insert at this line in my version.

He seems to be using the CMA 3.1 patch, maybe that patch adds more code to
client/packhand.c? In CVS there are unit_list_insert() calls at lines 814
and 818.

> Vasc: Could this be related to the gen impr stuff?

Since in one of the patches i commited there was a memory corruption bug
the server could crash anywhere, anytime after someone built the United
Nations or Hoover Dam.

The bug should be fixed in current CVS.

If someone still has SIGSEGV's that they didn't have with versions before
January the 8th, i will take more drastic measures.

---