[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Improved game starting version 5 (ready?) (PR#1206)

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Improved game starting version 5 (ready?) (PR#1206)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 21:17:11 +0100

Dear diary, on Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 08:08:38PM CET, I got a letter, where
Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Jason Short wrote:
>
> > Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> >

> > > Because of this, I'm submitting it to bugs@freeciv.  However, please do
> > > not reply to that address.  We've all just heard why, so I'm throwing in
> > > a reminder here.
> >
> > Doh!
> >
> > You *are* supposed to reply to bugs@freeciv, that allows the reply to be
> > listed as a followup in the bug report.  But you need to make sure the
> > message subject has the PR# in it so that bugs@freeciv can link it
> > correctly.
> >

> Huh?
>
> I'm confused now.
>
> If the bugs listserve handles replies correctly, then why doesn't it pick
> them up in CC's?  What exactly are the bad- and good-case scenarios here?
>
> BTW: is there a good way to get my PR#?  I assume it's somewhere on the web
> interface, which I generally don't use -- do I need to?
>
> Sorry to cause additional trouble,
Basically - when you reply to both freeciv-dev and bugs, it's a problem, as the
mail will get duplicated and the original post will cause troubles ;-) - see my
post before. It should be just enough to post everything only to bugs, and if
it accidentally won't get forwarded, bounce it here manually.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/