[Freeciv-Dev] Re: call for a fix for 903 and 1113 (horse in ocean)

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: call for a fix for 903 and 1113 (horse in ocean)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:15:14 +0100

On Saturday 29 December 2001 19:39, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 06:18:36PM +0100, mateusz stefek wrote:
> > >If any brave soul is willing to submit a fix for the horse in
> > > ocean bug, I will surely look at it.
> > >
> > >Attached is a savegame that reproduces the problem to help said
> > >volunteer fix the bug: log in as "kor" and "car" and transfer
> > > Pyongyang to Carthaginians, move the transport.
> > >
> > >Discussion? Volunteer?
> >
> > Is your savegame correct?
> > All units have transported_by == -1, IMO they should have
> > transported_by = transporter.id Or is it a Freeciv bug?
>
> interesting. this is a civworld bug, since that's what I used to
> create the savegame.
>
> -mike
>
> > ---
> > mateusz

Actually the transported_by field is not reliable for this yet in main
freeciv either. Various actions like disbanding a transporter in a
stack with severel transporters and the like will leave the
transported_by field out of sync. If this was fixed then we could use
the transported_by field in resolve_unit_stack to transfer the units
correctly.
Currently the transported_by field is only used by move_unit, which
makes sure the numbers are assigned correctly before moving a
transporter.

For a simple fix that does not rely on transported_by we could give
resolve_unit_stack an argument indicating which player should
preferably receive transferred units.

-Thue