[Freeciv-Dev] Re: call for a fix for 903 and 1113 (horse in ocean)

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: call for a fix for 903 and 1113 (horse in ocean)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:34:13 +0100

On Friday 28 December 2001 19:28, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> If any brave soul is willing to submit a fix for the horse in ocean
> bug, I will surely look at it.
>
> Raimar presented three solutions for this:
> > It looks like this is indeed a case the code doesn't handle. So
> > what should happen?
> > 1) destory the horsemen
> > 2) give the horsemen to the new owner
> > 3) teleport the horsemen to the nearest city of the owner

Actually there was code to do 3), but it was buggy. I can't quite wrap
my mind around what the coder (possibly me) was thinking.

Fixing it to 3) would require minimal changes, but I made some bigger
changes to 2) as I liked it better.

This patch transfers the unit to an ally who has transporter capacity
on the tile. We might want to make further changes later to make sure
the right ally gets the unit. That should be doable as an incremental
change on top of this patch.

-Thue