[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Tech cleanup

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Tech cleanup
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:39:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > Do you think such a patch is useful? Do you have any other suggestions
> > for the new names?
>
> If it is necessary for the tech cost patch, yes I do think it is useful.
> But how does this fit in with the freecivAC patches? (I must admit I
> haven't begun looking at them yet. One thing at a time.)

        If you mean the generalised improvements patches, then they don't
touch the tech code at all, so the patches should be compatible (in fact,
the only place where techs are used at all is in testing for whether we
can build a given improvement, and that's just the same as in the
unpatched Freeciv anyway). As for FreecivAC proper, I've just tested the
patch against the latest CVS, and only one hunk fails; it's a minor
problem (different context due to the patching for compound units) and
easily fixed.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/