[Freeciv-Dev] Re: sound on freeciv ftp

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: sound on freeciv ftp
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:28:32 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 03:07:29AM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Reinier Post wrote:
> > Can someone please volunteer to update/maintain the 'sound' part
> > of www.freeciv.org?  I do not have time to test anything and my
> > sound card doesn't work in any case.
>
> What would this involve?

There would be a link on the home page that says 'Sound support'.
If you click that you get up to date information on the status of sound
support in Freeciv and (if available) what I have to do to install it
on my system.  At the moment, I suppose it takes little more than
a page "this is work in progress" but it would be nice e.g. to have
an up to date version of David Weisgerber's patch with installation
instructions.

Basically, do whatever it takes to answer the question "where is the
sound support" that I keep getting over and over ...

> I have to go through these anyway soon, but I am not certain about the
> value of these sounds, as it is kind of hard to find out where they come
> from and what kind of copyright there are on them, since few of the files
> have any kind of READMEs. I few sound very familiar to those used in some
> commercial games... also there is nowhere near enough sounds, with the
> exception of gunfire in all flavours and varieties...

yes, a document on how to upload sounds and what (c) info to add would
be welcome, too.

--
Reinier