[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Changing interface for generate_warmap (PR#1108)

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Changing interface for generate_warmap (PR#1108)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:48:53 +0100

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:40:55PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > From the first email:
> >
> > > Functions like find_the_shortest_paths use local warmap by default
> > > (which renders it unrecyclable).
> >
> > I don't see this.
>
> What exactly is your question?

I did a
  $ grep get_warmap_sea local_warmap131201.diff |grep -v NULL
and got no real hits.

> > About the interface:
> >
> > +void generate_warmap(struct move_cost_map *wm, int x, int y,
> > +                    struct unit *punit);
> > +int get_warmap_land(struct move_cost_map *wm, int x, int y);
> > +int get_warmap_sea(struct move_cost_map *wm, int x, int y);
> >
> > What do you think about:
> >
> >   struct move_cost_map *generate_warmap(int x, int y, struct unit
> >                                         *punit, int use_global_warmap);
> >
> > This way the access calls doesn't need to be changed if you use a
> > local warmap.
>
> True.  But I thought changing access calls is a good thing.  At least for
> testing: I suspect in few instances a wrong warmap is used.
>
> You asked for incapsulation, didn't you?

You introduce access calls with this patch. You want to change all
accesses in a later patch another time?

So the question is: will this patch gets included if there are is no
global warmap anymore? (good but _maybe_ unrealistic for the next
time) Or will it get included if there is still a mix? (than I don't
want another big useless patch)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Windows: From the people who brought you edlin...