[Freeciv-Dev] do you really want to work on the ~ (was: registry)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] do you really want to work on the ~ (was: registry)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:01:13 +0100

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 08:44:52AM -0500, Andrew Sutton wrote:

> i'm going to change this method since i need a little optionality for
> extended capabilities so that it just returns 0. i'll see if i can't update
> the ruleset code to actually check the error return instead of exitting.
>
> andy

There are many exits in the code; you have to restructure the code
everywhere to make everything pass on the failure values and clean up
the allocated memory as appropriate.  The joys of C.

Now the ruleset format is undocumented and inadequate - it doesn't really
support nested structures.  So perhaps it's better to use libxml2?
libxml2 depends on libm (which Freeciv doesn't depend on I think)
and libz, which Freeciv depends on for compression, but nothing else.

--
Reinier