[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Indentation in switch()

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Indentation in switch()
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:26:09 +0100

Dear diary, on Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:12:47PM CET, I got a letter,
where Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:27:39AM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > Some people have mentioned that they would like to see case fields
> > indented in switch statements a la
> > switch (i) {
> >   case 0:
> >     break;
> >   case 1:
> >     {
> >       ++i;
> >     }
> >   default:
> >     break;
> > }
> >
> > This is not compatible with indent -kr -i2
> >
> > The best I could achieve is to have
> > switch (i) {
> >  case 0:
> >   break;
> >  case 1:
> >   {
> >     ++i;
> >   }
> >  default:
> >   break;
> > }
> > with indent -kr -i2 -cli1
-cli2 has desired result it looks.

> _If_ the tree is converted the ideal solution would be that everybody
> can apply his personal ident settings to a checked out tree. Than he
> can do his work, revert to the official ident settings and make the
> diff.
Yes! Yes! Yes! :) Just convert the tree ;).

It would be maybe really best if CVS would reindent the code automatically.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/