[Freeciv-Dev] Virus rejected

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Virus rejected
From: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:11:08 -0700

Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:10:40 -0800 (PST)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: cityview unification (PR#1085)
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: freeciv-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

--------------030902080103020800010300

The attached patch unifies city_get_canvas_xy/city_get_map_xy from all
GUI's (except xaw) into one set of common functions.  I did this just
because I've grown tired of seeing the identical code in so many places.

Some issues:

- These functions should rightfully go into a file cityview_common.[ch].
  However, no such file currently exists so I've placed them into
mapview_common.[ch].  I'll fix this if desired (creating the new file).

- I don't clean up the functions any; I just copy them as-is.  I would
like to clean them up, though (at the same time that I clean up the
corresponding mapview functions).

- I've changed the names from city_get_[canvas|map]_xy to
canvas_pos_to_city_pos/city_pos_to_canvas_pos.  This results in a lot of
extra bloat to the diff file, since these name changes were made in many
places.  If desired, I'll undo this - but the new name seems much more
logical and matches the corresponding mapview functions.

Aside from general code cleanup, this isn't a crucial change.  It does
make the codebase smaller and IMO more maintainable.  It will make it
easier to supply isometric-view to the xaw client (since the xaw client
can now use these functions).  And it will make it easier for me to
clean up these functions to match the mapview ones (it will be necessary
to clean up the mapview ones for the general-topologies change, and
would be very bad IMO to not clean up this code at the same time).

All in all, this change shouldn't be very intrusive.

jason

--------------030902080103020800010300

FOR ANTI-VIRUS SECURITY, THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN CLEANED.

REASON:
THE ATTACHMENT CONTAINED AN INVALID EXTENSION OF '.diff'