[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Code commentary proposal (by A. Sutton)

To: Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Code commentary proposal (by A. Sutton)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:34:59 +0100

Dear diary, on Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:19:00PM CET, I got a letter,
where Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Monday 03 December 2001 12:04 pm, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > you wrote that in your document. i don't see what do you react to.
>
> what do you mean?
i just don't understand why you repeat it here. don't mind ;-).

> > how do you like the kernel-doc? you did reply to my mail, but didn't
> > respond the main question of it :-).
>
> hmmm... doxygen's pretty standard and gets alot of usage. it's also really,
> really flexible. xml (docbook?) support is forthcoming. it also integrates
> nice features like inheritance graphing, collaboration graphs, dependency
> graphs (header files), etc.
>
> it's always been my preference for documenting large projects.
if you think we need such complexity, then ok. it just grew a bit above
your proposal then, as kernel-doc servers that quite well too. and it
can be exported to docbook and from docbook to a very large set of other
formats i believe.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/