[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants

To: Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:01:16 +0100

> > Shall we set a vague deadline on the voting?  Say this weekend?
>
> i'd say let it run for a little longer. because i'd like to add my own coding
> requirement :)
Hmm, OTOH there are people actually waiting for the guideline to be finished
(e.g. me ;), so don't run it MUCH longer :-).

> for ALL externally used functions and structures (i.e. everything that gets
> called or passed) shouuld be commented using /** */. e.g.
That looks ugly. The reason for exactly this style? Actual
/***...*\n*\n***...*/ seems nicer to me.  Well, it would be nice to be able to
distinguish local and external symbols, however maybe /**[X]**...\n... would do
better job, wouldn't it?

> /**
>  * The city structure contains information about a city.
>  */
> struct City {
>       // ...
// ? go away! ;-)

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/