[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants
From: Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:07:09 -0500

On Wednesday 28 November 2001 09:55 am, you wrote:
> To better reflect varying opinions of the voters I included another
> possible choice in question 7 and added question 9 (very much related to
> 3).

9a. yes. if there is room, document to the right. otherwise, there should be
a blank line between commented members.

struct foo {
        int a;  /* some interger */

        /*
         * something requiring a longer discussion.
         */
        float b;
};

something like that.

> Shall we set a vague deadline on the voting?  Say this weekend?

i'd say let it run for a little longer. because i'd like to add my own coding
requirement :)

for ALL externally used functions and structures (i.e. everything that gets
called or passed) shouuld be commented using /** */. e.g.

/**
 * This function creates a city.
 */
City *create_city();

/**
 * The city structure contains information about a city.
 */
struct City {
        // ...
};

then, there's some other requirements about coding this way, but i'll let
this sink in first :)

andy