[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI can build railway-system

To: mateusz stefek <matusik_s@xxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI can build railway-system
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:08:20 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 02:33:00AM +0100, mateusz stefek wrote:
> Here comes new PATCH wchich doesn't assume that MOVE_COST_RAIL == 0
>
> struct tile
> {
> +  struct tile* rail_zone;
> };
>
> It adds extra 4 bytes per tile, but defines function
> +int is_tiles_rail_connected(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1);
> which quickly checks wheather two tiles are in the same "rail zone"

I would find it better if you would follow the continent-field way.

> It could be used in AI evaluating cities, and many other places.

Yes I see this. But only if movement on railways stays without
cost. There were suggestions to make it cost something.

> BTW I found it easier to konquer AI when they have railway-system in
> their country.  And it is sad.

And this is the big problem with the patch per se.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "Heuer's Law: Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off."