[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI devel

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI devel
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:55:56 -0500

Jacek Pop³awski <jpopl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been away this mailing list, and away Freeciv multiplayer for a long
while. I want to ask what is going on with AI development, now. Is someone
trying to add diplomacy to AI?

No one that I am aware of. But there are a few people who are interested in or are already working on the AI in general.

I think we can use "score". I mean "Iron Working" can have score=100. "Pottery"
can be 50, and gold will be 1. So if we need Iron Working from AI - it will
agree only if we give it Pottery and at least 50 gold.
How can we score peace? It depends of civilization power, and diplomatic
situation with other civs.

PS. one more thing - are there plans to add features from Civ3 - like resources
and culture?

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I hope they will be added soon.

Mike