[Freeciv-Dev] Re: hiding capitals

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: hiding capitals
From: Teemu Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:43:36 +0200

(Sorry, I think I sent blank message just before this...)

David Koronczay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just one thing, don't forget that one can still have cities
> with same names if an other player's city with the same name
> is conquered. Two allied players could generate an endless number
> of cities with same names by always founding them with the
> same name and then trading them to the other player.
> Well, not very realistic, but the possibility is there.

Automatic renaming (if needed) is done in transfer_city-function. I
checked it, and it seems that all transitions of cities from one player
to another (conquer, bribe, diplomatic deal) use this function. I also
tested it...:) I'm pretty sure that this patch makes sure that one
player cannot have two cities with same name.

Teemu Kurppa