[Freeciv-Dev] Re: List of new features in Civ3

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: List of new features in Civ3
From: Daniel Zinsli <dzinsli+priv@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 10:51:04 +0100

"Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> P.S. Is everybody too busy playing the game or what?

I guess :)

My main problem with civ3:
The silly interface, exactly the same as in civ2.

Modal dialogues, requiring you to do all the changes in build ques etc
as they happen, instead of freeciv's GREAT way of doing it with a
messagewindow and total customizing of the way events are shown to you.

I like the new game, HATE the interface.

I'd like to get started on a civ3 ruleset ASAP, but I need help doing
the initial part with filecreation and cvs setup for a new ruleset etc.

We are 2 people here who'd love to implement civ3 in freeciv, and I'm
sure there are more people like us :)

--
Daniel Zinsli
Technical Solution Engineer / Enabling