[Freeciv-Dev] converting bmp to isometric maps: a question

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] converting bmp to isometric maps: a question
From: "Bart Coppens" <coppensbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:47:37 +0100

Hello,
I am working on a program written in Delphi (Win32, I hadn't time to try out Kylix) that 'converts' a map from a bmp file to a .map savegame. This works quite well (not very good, but it works good enough for saving me time), but only if the map isn't displayed in isometric mode. Because I save the map in a linear mode, the game displays the map right in the minimap, but it's rotated 45° in real play. Now I didn't find how I can get around this. How should I fill the squares at the top? Because I can rotate the file manually, but then I create a lot of extra tiles I don't want...
Bart Coppens