[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:12:55 +0100

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 05:12:38PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Am Freitag,  2. November 2001 16:14 schrieb Gregory Berkolaiko:
> >
> > However in my heart I am against giving too much choice to the user.
> > Maybe it is possible to realise all the currently available settings
> > through the quadratic model?  If it is not too hard to implement,
> > maybe do it as a choice initially and then give to Christian to test
> > and pass the verdict?
>
> He he I'm just on reading Grisham's "Jury" :-)
>
> No, I just say what I think. The UI of the CMA affects its usefullness
> a lot I believe. Everyone should comment on it. And try playing,
> it's fun.

> Raimar, could you make an interim patch for current CVS?

To be honest I have worked a lot on a non-freeciv project lately and
haven't done much for CMA. The next version should/will have:
 - the user can manage his settings
 - the ability to save his settings (requires work at the attribute
 code) (I have started with this)
 - the re-introduction of weight 0

        Raimar

--