[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:14:00 -0500

Christian Knoke wrote:

> Am Freitag,  2. November 2001 16:14 schrieb Gregory Berkolaiko:
> >
> > However in my heart I am against giving too much choice to the user.
> > Maybe it is possible to realise all the currently available settings
> > through the quadratic model?  If it is not too hard to implement,
> > maybe do it as a choice initially and then give to Christian to test
> > and pass the verdict?

> No, I just say what I think. The UI of the CMA affects its usefullness
> a lot I believe. Everyone should comment on it. And try playing,
> it's fun. Raimar, could you make an interim patch for current CVS?

It's a lot easier to get feedback if the code is in CVS.  Look at the
city dialog patch for instance.  The CMA provides significant
improvement to current FreeCiv, so as soon as its in workable condition
it should go in IMO.  Fixing the UI will be easier once more people have
complained about the current UI and explained why they don't like it.
As long as the fundamental structure of the CMA stays the same, nothing
will have been lost.

jason