[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:33:07 -0800

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 03:14:00PM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:
> >
> > Am Freitag,  2. November 2001 16:14 schrieb Gregory Berkolaiko:
> > >
> > > However in my heart I am against giving too much choice to the user.
> > > Maybe it is possible to realise all the currently available settings
> > > through the quadratic model?  If it is not too hard to implement,
> > > maybe do it as a choice initially and then give to Christian to test
> > > and pass the verdict?
>
> > No, I just say what I think. The UI of the CMA affects its usefullness
> > a lot I believe. Everyone should comment on it. And try playing,
> > it's fun. Raimar, could you make an interim patch for current CVS?
>
> It's a lot easier to get feedback if the code is in CVS.  Look at the
> city dialog patch for instance.  The CMA provides significant
> improvement to current FreeCiv, so as soon as its in workable condition
> it should go in IMO.  Fixing the UI will be easier once more people have
> complained about the current UI and explained why they don't like it.
> As long as the fundamental structure of the CMA stays the same, nothing
> will have been lost.

Not that my opinion counts for much on this, but I agree.  Most of us are
(well, ok, just me) lazy by nature.  I should be trying out CMA, but I
haven't yet.  But I update cvs daily.  I did try the new city dialog out a
couple of times before it went in, but I never played a full game.

--
Paul 'the lazy sysadmin' Zastoupil