[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client and gui

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client and gui
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:00:46 +0100

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 05:01:14PM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> The best candidates for being moved from gui-***/mapview.c to
> mapview_common.c are, IMO, get_canvas_xy and get_map_xy [1].  But, this
> will only be possible if the window's origin/dimensions (map_view_[xy]0,
> map_canvas_store_t[width|height]) are also moved to mapview_common (the
> other option is to have these be passed in as parameters to these
> functions).  Although these variables exist in every GUI, there are two
> problems:
>
> 1.  They have different names in some of the GUIs.  I prefer the
> gtk/xaw/mui naming of map_view_[xy]0, and the win32 naming of
> map_view_[width|height].  Renaming them will be a big cosmetic change,
> but nothing really special (I hope).

The name may contain a hint that these variables contain the number of
tiles and not pixels.

> 2.  In gui-mui, these values (well, tha map_canvas_store,t* ones) are
> calculated on demand rather than being stored permanently and changed
> appropriately.  Can this be changed?  Is it a surmountable problem at
> all?  Are there guis where it might be impossible to track changes to
> these values?  If so, the parameter-passing method would have to be used
> instead.

The intuition.library (mui is build upon this) supports this kind of
event (message in Amiga speak). So it should be possible to code this
with mui.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security.