[Freeciv-Dev] zoom

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] zoom
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:31:37 +0100 (CET)

Hello there,

as some of you might already know, I added a zoom feature
to teamciv. Now I think about adapting that patch to CVS.
However, before I do, I'd like to discuss a few things:

a) zooming takes both: memory and CPU time. CPU time at
   initializing, memory afterward. It might be better
   to add this as an optionial feature for slower machines.
   Any suggestions how this should be done ?

b) I will only implement zooming for non-iso3d tiles.
   Anyone willing to do it for iso3d lateron ?

There are still a few (smaller) glitches in teamciv zoom,
after those are fixed, I can start to port the code to CVS.

Ingo

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx