[Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick patch for tilespec.c

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: quick patch for tilespec.c
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:30:51 +0200

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:33:59PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> here's another patch.
>
> This patch is a preparatory move for moving tile_is_known() out of map.c
> and into the client (somewhere). It stops the lookup of ptile->known in
> 5 places in tilespec.c and instead calls tile_is_known() It also removes
> useless variable declarations that result. For an explanation for why
> this is needed, see my posts circa August 26.
>
> Again this patch is obviously correct. Please apply soon.
>
> In that thread, I mentioned the possibility of creating a new file in
> client/ called climap.c. This was dismissed and the use of climisc.c and
> the resting place of tile_is_known() was proposed. I have no strong
> opposition for this, but has anybody noticed how big climisc.c has
> gotten recently? It's ballooned 9k since 1.12.0 and will grow another 5k
> when the new_city_dialog is committed. I think that it's become a
> dumping ground for functions merely because nobody is thinking about a
> better way to go about it (like new files that differentiate function a
> bit better)

climisc.c may be not the best place for some stuff, but it is better
than the case where some methops were in every gui directory. And with
830 lines it isn't soo big. But feel free to suggest a splitting.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."